5LB ABC with Wall hook (3A10BC) Used in office and retail environments.
10lb ABC with wall Hook (6A80BC) Used in warehouse or places with above average ceiling heights.
Fire extinguishers are your first line of defense when a fire occurs. Most fires start small and can be stopped with a fire extinguisher, preventing massive property damage. They are not intended though for fires that have reached the ceiling and spread out of control. In such cases a fire sprinkler system is required.
Fire extinguishers are required according to Ontario law even if you have automatic sprinklers installed. At CrownFire, we will deliver, place, and maintain your fire extinguishers as efficiently as possible. Not only that, we will train your personnel to use them. Our fire extinguishers are available in Toronto and Greater Toronto area and throughout the Golden Horseshoe Area.
Fire Extinguisher Installation Service
CrownFire’s Certified Fire Protection Technicians will help you select the right fire extinguishers for your Business. As a Member of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), we know the code standards in term of size, type and quantity.
Standard classifications of fire:
- Class A – Fires that involve combustible solids like wood, cloth, paper, and plastic
- Class B – Fires that involve flammable liquids like gasoline
- Class C – Fires that involve electrical wiring and appliances
- Class D – Fires that involve metals usually found in laboratories like magnesium
- Class K – Fires that involve grease and oils usually used in commercial cooking applications
Types of Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Class ABC Dry Chemical
- Class D
- Class K (For Commercial Cooking Applications)
- Water and Foam
- Halotron 1 and Halon 1211
- High Performance
- High Flow
Types of Wheeled Fire Extinguishers
- Class ABC Dry Chemical
- Residue-Free Carbon Dioxide
Fire Extinguisher Training
After installation, we can conduct on-site training with your employees and show them how to activate the fire extinguisher and how to extinguish the fire. Our training will also simulate their current work settings for a comprehensive experience.
Our training methods use laser fire extinguisher and LED flame, making it clean and safe for the environment, but at the same time realistic. The training will also simulate all types of fires at different difficulty level. It will ensure that your employee will hold the extinguisher correctly and will aim and sweep properly and become familiar with the term P.A.S.S
P-ull out the Pin
A-im at Base of Fire
S-queeze the Handle
S-weep from Side to Side
Fire Extinguisher Inspection Services
For you to be fully protected, your fire extinguishers need to work when an emergency occurs. This is why regular inspection and testing is important and we at CrownFire will take care of it for you.
Inspections typically take place on a monthly and annually basis. We know what to check during a scheduled inspection. All our inspections will be done in writing and you will get a copy of the report one week after the inspection.
The inspection service involves visual inspection, physical inspection and tagging of the fire extinguisher units.
- Check that the units are accessible and free from obstruction
- Make sure that the extinguisher is visible at all times
- Ensure the tamper seal and pull-pin is not missing
- Inspect the extinguisher case for signs of corrosion and damage
- Check the head cap if for damage. If it is made of plastic, check if it has melted from sun exposure
- Check the pressure gauge if the indicator is still in the green zone
- Weigh the unit to check if it meets the weight indicated in the label
- Inspect the hose and nozzle for damage and make sure it is clear from obstruction
- Check the date of the last inspection
- Ensure that signage and labels are correct and visible
This entails a quick check of the portable fire extinguisher, making sure that it is unobstructed and free of damage and the pressure gauge are at green levels. It includes inventory of existing fire extinguishers and their location.
A more detailed check of the fire extinguishers including physical damage and if they need to be recharged
Fire Extinguisher Repair and Maintenance Service
After inspection, if there are issues found, our repair and maintenance services will continue to safeguard your business. We will correct any issues found immediately.
The following full maintenance procedures should be carried out according to manufacturer standards by authorized fire protection companies in Ontario. The date of inspection and by whom will be recorded on the unit’s tag:
- The fire extinguisher must be removed if found no longer rechargeable and should be labeled “discharge and dispose of after any use”
- Before handling the fire extinguisher, make sure that the safety clip has not been tampered and that the extinguisher has not been operated
- New tamper seals should be installed after maintenance is performed
- Recharging is needed if the weight has decreased by 10% from the original
- Recharging or refilling of each fire extinguisher should be done once it has been used or after the routine annual inspection. After recharging, it should be labeled with the month and year performed.
- Every six years, dry chemical extinguishers that need to undergo a, six year maintenance and should be emptied. All the components will be carefully examined before recharging it.
- Every twelve years, hydrostatic testing (pressure testing with water) of dry chemical fire extinguishers should be conducted. This ensures that the fire extinguisher is still functional and can still hold pressure. If it fails the test, then it would have to be replaced.
- For Wet Chemical / Stored-pressure water / Carbon dioxide Extinguishers a 5 year internal examination and hydrostatic test shall be done. This ensures that the fire extinguisher is maintenance and will function as intended during a fire condition.
Crownfire has over 10 years of experience in providing comprehensive and effective fire extinguisher services of various residential, commercial and institutional properties. Rest assured, you can count on us to fulfill all your fire safety needs. All of our services are available in Toronto and the Greater Toronto area including the Golden Horseshoe area.
Your safety is important to us. Hand in hand, we will help you at all cost to achieve the level of protection that your establishment needs. Our licensed Fire Safety Technicians will provide you with expert fire safety solutions. Your valuables will be protected and your building will be kept fire code compliant.
If you need to have fire extinguishers delivered and installed, inspected, tested or refilled, call the experts at CrownFire today. If you don’t know when the schedule of your next maintenance or testing is, just give us a call and we will be more than happy to assist you. Our 24/7 fire extinguisher service is ready to provide protection for your home, office or building anytime.